It’s that time of year again when businesses start planning their holiday parties. But with so many options out there, it can be hard to know what’s the right fit for your company. That’s why we’ve put together a list of some fun corporate holiday party ideas to get you started! Whether you’re looking for something fun to do that’s local to Metro Detroit or looking for a virtual option for your remote team members, we’ve got you covered. So read on and get inspired for this year’s celebration:
Plan a Group Outing to a Festive Location
Don’t bore your employees with a typical holiday office party. Take the team on a holiday adventure and get them out of their comfort zone with some new experiences that’ll have them talking for years to come. Here are some great options for holiday group outings in the Metro Detroit area:
Explore a Winter Wonderland
Glenlore Trails features an immersive night walk located in Commerce Twp., Michigan. Every Thursday- Sunday, the forest comes to life in a dazzling display of light, sound, and wonder. It’s the perfect, festive venue for your team to have a memorable end-of-year party with your employees, and even customers. Glenlore Trails offers both group discount rates and private events. Glenlore Trails is open from November 17th-December 23rd. Visit the GlenloreTrails.com to start planning your company’s holiday group outing or private event.
Experience the Magic of the Detroit Zoo Wild Lights
Wild Lights, the Detroit Zoo’s annual light display, is another great option for a holiday company outing. The masterfully designed light displays throughout the zoo are sure to put your group in the festive spirit! New this year – your group can warm up inside the Wild Lights Lodge and enjoy live entertainment, bar service, s’mores and more! This one-of-a-kind experience runs from November 19th to January 8th. Visit their website to start planning your outing.
Host a Fun Holiday Party at your Place
If you’d prefer to go the more traditional route… consider hosting a fun party at your headquarters or a local banquet hall if you need more space. Our live events team is well-equipped to help transform any space into an unforgettable experience. In fact, this is kind of our specialty. We can outfit any space or even a large tent with flooring, full audiovisual, lighting, and scenic displays. Add some food, refreshments and a few fun holiday games and there you have it – a perfectly fun holiday party! Connect with our event specialists today to get started!
Throw a Virtual Holiday Party
Can’t physically get together with your team because they are all remote and in different locations? No problem! There’s no need to miss out on the holiday festivities just because your team is remote. Unfortunately, virtual parties or “Zoom Parties” don’t have the best reputation. Let’s be honest…No one goes into a zoom party expecting to have an amazing experience, but it doesn’t have to be like that! Here are some fun and unique ways to make your virtual holiday party a hit:
- Consider sending party favors or a cocktail kit to all attendees before the party so everyone can have a shared experience. If you don’t have the budget for that, have everyone make and bring their own holiday themed cocktail or snack to “share” on screen!
- Plan to do an activity together. This could be cookie decorating or even a competition .. who can create the best gingerbread house in under 30 minutes?
- Incorporate interactive and fun games into your party such as trivia, bingo, name that tune, charades or a game of “most likely to” – Who is most likely to cry during a Christmas movie?
Bluewater is no stranger to virtual events. Our hybrid event platform Parallel is a great choice when it comes to hosting your virtual holiday party. With custom branding options and interactive features such as live polling, Parallel is the perfect way to elevate your team’s virtual experience!
Host a Wellness Activity or Gift
If you’re looking for ways to improve workplace productivity, lower stress levels, and create a more positive work culture, look no further. Consider hosting a wellness activity in place of a traditional holiday party. Although your employees would probably appreciate the thought that goes into throwing them a party, sometimes it just adds to the stress of the holidays and their never-ending list of things to do and places to go. With the holidays being one of the most stressful times of the year, it makes sense to focus on an activity that will help the team relax. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Host a yoga session or a spa day (this doesn’t have to an activity where everyone attends together, you could give them a gift card and let them choose when they would like to go).
- Gift each employee with a self care gift box ( include a mug, candle, tea, snacks, essential oils and anything else you can think of that will help them unplug and relax).
- Sponsor a fitness themed charity event such as a run or bike ride. Not only will your team be getting some much-needed exercise, but you’ll be helping support a great cause which make everyone feel good.
So what are you waiting for? Get started planning your company holiday party today! Whether you’re looking for a festive night out or a more low-key virtual celebration, we’ve got you covered!